Kilvey Community Woodland Volunteers
KCWV was founded in the mid-1990s by locals who loved the hill and woodlands, from the relatively young Lodgepole Pile plantation most are familiar with today, to the far older broadleaf woodland on the more sheltered eastern side of the hill.
The group were all people who:
- Loved the Hill themselves and enjoyed spending time up there
- Wanted to encourage families and young people to enjoy the woodland and look after it
What we do
1. We organise a small calendar of events such as:
- Easter Egg Walk
- Fairies and Goblins story eve
- Kite Flying
- Task Days
2. We liaise with the Natural Resources Wales, Swansea Council, our community organisations and our schools to try and get the best for all of us.
WE need your help with:
- Planning, organising and manning events
- Litter picking
- Web/techie skills
- Fresh Ideas
- Lots more!
If you like the sound of all this, PLEASE come along to one of our monthly meetings.
We meet roughly one Tuesday of every month at 6.30pm at the Mile End Pub, Fabian Way, Port Tennant and we’d love to see you!
We have an annual AGM every year to elect our committee.
Chairperson: Marian Francis 01792 421538
Secretary: Lucy Reynolds 07578 949505